- Can we all just agree that we should play Colorado at least once a week to ensure the Preds manage a victory? For the second consecutive week, Nashville took a couple bad losses after defeating the Avs, only this time finishing with a 1-2 record on the week.
- Another Tuesday night disposal of Colorado got the boys back in the W column by a score of 4-3, just barely hanging on while killing a penalty to end the game. James Neal returned to the lineup and did what he does best… snipe. He continues to lead the team in goals, followed by Viktor Arvidsson, who got the scoring started on a breakaway halfway through the first frame. Rinne earned the win with 25 saves on his nation’s Independence Day.
- On Thursday, the Preds traveled to visit the enigmatic Stars, where their success has been almost as rare as a sellout at American Airlines Center. Nashville is 9-25-2 all-time in Dallas and Thursday didn’t exactly buck that trend. An embarrassing 5-2 loss which saw Rinne yanked, led to some serious frustration by game’s end. Dallas’ top paid superstars Jamie Benn, Jason Spezza, and Tyler Seguin combined for 8 points.
- On Saturday, Nashville was going to Arizona to play the Coyotes, who had lost six straight overall and hadn’t won a regulation home game since November 1st. So Lavy will have them ready to play after a bad performance against an inferior team. No reason to panic, right? Well, 2012 playoff version of Mike Smith happened as he stopped 44 of 45 shots en route to a 4-1 win over the Preds. Although Nashville generated a ton of shots, they often times played without structure on the back end, even allowing breakaways immediately following center ice face-offs.
- The boys return to Bridgestone this week with three games vs some of the best teams in the NHL. St Louis, Minnesota and the Rangers pay visits on the more typical Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday run of home games. These last two weeks can be quickly forgotten with triumphs over the next few days, but that will be no easy task. As of now, it appears as though Ryan Ellis will be back in the lineup to help fortify the blue line and hopefully get the team back on track.
As always, you can follow me on Twitter @GreekGoalie35 as well as my fellow comrades @brandon_felder and our fearless leader @CrazyCharlie615 to discuss anything and everything Preds related.